“Where there’s a whisk, there’s a way.” I love this little phrase! As I started out making this dip, it felt like I was starting with nothing. But with a whisk and a pot and a dash of this and a little bit of that, the kitchen was soon smelling delightful.
There’s something so good about melted cheese and crunchy chips. Add some kick to that and you got something so addicting! There’s not much to this dip yet its packed full of flavor.
Bacon Queso Dip
- 3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 small sweet peppers chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- tabasco sauce to taste (depending how hot your jalapeño is you won’t need much)
Fry bacon pieces, onion, peppers, and garlic in oil until tender. Add flour. Whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients and cook until thickened.
- Add: 2 slices velveeta cheese
- 1 cup colby jack
- Stir until completely melted. Serve warm with corn chips.
(Behind the scenes.) All is calm. All is bright. When Declan boy is sleeping. Normally I’m moving back and forth, blocking him just long enough to snap a few pictures before he dives into the food face first but today I could step back and shoot from whichever angle I pleased. It felt quite odd.