This recipe was born out of desperation for something quick and delicious in the middle of a busy week. We love pizza around here so I decided to experiment with different toppings and the results were delicious. Its fabulously fast and packed full of flavor. Give it a try! =)
On beautiful days like today, a lot more time is spent outside in the sunshine than in the kitchen. Declan would live outside if he could! This morning he “helped” to plant a few more things in the garden…. I absolutely cannot wait to have fresh spinach, lettuce, green beans, and all the other delightful things that will come from the seeds we’ve planted! Enjoy your day!
Thai Chicken Barbecue Pizza
- Pizza Dough:
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- Dissolve yeast, water, and sugar in medium sized mixing bowl. Let sit 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. On lightly floured surface, knead dough for 5 minutes. Place dough in lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover with clothe and let rise for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare toppings:
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 small chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- (salt/pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp curry, 1/4 tsp basil, dash ginger, dash cayenne pepper and 2 shakes turmeric powder.)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained, sprinkle with garlic salt)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cups garlic mozzarella cheese
- barbecue sauce
Heat skillet with 2 tbsp coconut oil. Add chicken pieces. Open your spice rack and start shaking! =) To me, the more seasonings the better but you can adjust these measurements to taste. Taste testing is one of the pleasures of cooking! When chicken is fully cooked, remove from skillet.
Cook onions and peppers in 1 tbsp coconut oil until just slightly tender. You do not want to overcook these – keep them crisp and fresh looking.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide pizza dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each ball of dough into a circle. I made my crust very thin. If using pizza stone, sprinkle stone with cornmeal. (Or grease pans)
Place dough onto pans. Lightly spread each with 1/2 cup pizza sauce. Sprinkle with plenty of cheese. Top with chicken pieces, onions/peppers. Sprinkle with chickpeas. In circular motion, drizzle with barbecue sauce. Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Remove from oven when slightly browned and dough is fully baked. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!