This quiche is hearty enough to serve for dinner. And since I love breakfast, I did just that! Pair this with a refreshing fruit smoothie and you’ve got a satisfying meal.
I also like making “crust-less” quiches, so if you’re looking for a healthy alternative, just cut out the crust! Its delicious both ways. (When I make this for breakfast, I usually skip the crust and mix it up the night before.)
Slice and chop vegetables. Roll prepared pie crust, press into plate, and finish edges.
Place vegetables and meat in pie, cover with cheese. Pour egg mixture over all. Bake.
Fully-loaded Asparagus Quiche
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3-6 tbsp ice water
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Add butter and crumble into coarse crumbs. Slowly add ice water, mix until just combined and dough forms ball. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into circle. Place in greased pie plate and cut of excess dough around edges. Crinkle edges.
- 1 cup fresh asparagus (chopped)
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- 5 green onions (sliced)
- 5 bacon slices, fried & crumbled
- 3/4 cup cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 cup cheese
- In small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil. Add asparagus. Cook for 1 minute. Drain and cool. Prepare remaining ingredients. Fill pie dough with filling ingredients.
- EGG MIXTURE:
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In small mixing bowl, whip all ingredients together. Pour over filling ingredients. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Let set 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!