Fruit Slush is what happened in my kitchen today! Its perfect for those warm summer days when you need something refreshing and hydrating. There is nothing that Declan loves more than snack time so I’m sure we’ll be eating this a lot in the next few days. =)
I froze this in small containers so that its easy to take one serving out at a time. It works great for the hubby’s lunch box too. Or breakfast. Or dessert. Midnight snack or any other time of the day!
The last two weeks have been so full with a fun weekend trip to Minneapolis, a camping trip on the following weekend with 3 other couple friends, this weekend a multi-family yard sale, and lots and lots of other fun stuff mixed in between. All that to say, life is full and the toddler is teething (that’s a LOADED statement!) so there have not been very many silent moments around here.
Declan’s new word for the week is “MINE” and he has the tone of voice to go with it. Ah! Who taught him that word anyway? From the toilet paper to my cellphone, he’s claiming it! =) Yikes.
(Oh, and the garden is producing more spinach and lettuce than we and the rabbits can eat.)
Tropical Fruit Slush
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 oranges
- 10 kiwi
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 peaches (I used 1 quart of frozen slices)
- 6 bananas
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice (Opt.)
- 1 cup erythritol or sugar
- 1 cup water
- Prepare fruit by peeling and chopping each fruit into small pieces. Place in large mixing bowl. Add orange and lemon juices. In microwave safe bowl, mix sweetener and water, cook for 1 minute or until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool. Add to fruit and mix well. Immediately divide fruit mixture into containers. (I like to use small tupperware containers with lids) Freeze. Keep frozen until 30 minutes before serving or defrost for a few seconds in microwave. Enjoy!