I’m not sure what it is that I love most about this pie…. the fresh, juicy peaches or the buttery, nutty crust. Either way, it is light, refreshing, perfectly delicious, and beautiful to look at too…
Warning! Do not look at this picture more than 5 seconds at a time or teeth marks may be visible on your device.
Its one of the things I love most about summer….
I wanted to come up with a dessert/pie that would be light, not too sweet, and yet chunky. I remembered having a pecan pie crust at my sister-in-laws house once that I’ve been dreaming of ever since.
So I took my pie crust recipe and added a few ingredients and cut back on several things and came up with this chunky, flaky, buttery crust.
Filled it with a light cream cheese mixture and topped that with fresh peaches, a glaze and more cream.
While I was doing that….
Declan was doing this.
Running water will keep him occupied for longer than anything else. Also giving me a good reason to wash my kitchen floor today yet.
…and this. Sampling the food always keeps him happy and entertained….
My kitchen is a disaster. Counters are stacked high with dishes and the floor is crumby and slippery so without further ado, I will give you the recipe and get on my merry way.
Fresh Peaches 'n Cream Pie
- 1 cup +1 tbsp white flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 350º. In mixing bowl, (I used my kitchenAid mixer) add flour, pecans, sugar and salt. Mix. Add slightly softened butter. Add water. Mix just until forms into ball. Remove dough from bowl and dust with flour. Grease 10″ pie pan. Press dough into plate. Place in warm oven and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice (Opt.)
- 2 tbsp water
- In small saucepan, whisk sugar and cornstarch. Add liquids. Place on high heat stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (this makes plenty! Cut back to 1 1/2 if you prefer less cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or less)
- With electric mixer, beat all ingredients until reaches desired consistency. Use one cup in filling and set the remainder aside.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add syrup and cream. Whip until smooth.
- Wash and slice 2 large (or 3 small) peaches. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- Layer dessert into pie crust starting with the cream cheese filling.
- Next, arrange peaches over filling. Drizzle with glaze and top with reserved cream!
- Chill until serving.