Got 5 minutes? These delicious egg muffins are a cinch to whip up. I like to prepare them the night before so that my eyes can stay shut as long as possible in the AM. They come together in no time and are very versatile in what you put in.
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love a savory breakfast. I’m a lover of all things sweet but in the morning, I need something salty and hearty to get my day going. But, I also love my sleep. So, I’m always looking for recipes that I can prepare the night before.
These were a hit.
I’ll be making them some more and switching it up a bit, bacon, ham, or maybe both? You can’t go wrong. Although I love the combination of spinach and sausage in these.
Don’t underestimate these hearty little cups! They are delicious and filling. And the spinach makes me feel healthy.
Spinach/Sausage Egg Muffins
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb (or a little less) ground sausage
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 mini sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (chopped)
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Spray 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a few spinach leaves on the bottom of each tin ( I removed the ends)
- In skillet, cook sausage, onions, and peppers until browned.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of sausage in each cup. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- In small mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and salt/pepper. Divide egg mixture between the 12 cups. (this is where I refrigerate mine overnight but this step is optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with toast, hash browns, fruit, and yogurt.