You up to trying something new? Cinnamon rolls without any cinnamon at all! These are the Chocolate/Espresso rolls that the guys came up with in Tennessee. I was craving them the other day so I tried re-creating them… I can’t say they are an exact copycat but they’ve got that same delicious mocha flavor.
We won’t mention the calories in these boys. Or how addicting they are. I’ll just say, make at your own risk!
Packed full of butter, these are soft and melt in your mouth.
Brew a cup of coffee and sit down with your favorite book and a large cinnamon roll while the snow flurries fly!
Or….take these to a ladies get together and enjoy them over coffee with friends! Thats what I did yesterday. Feed the stomach and the soul at the same time. =) I love good conversations. People you can solve the world’s problems with and come away feeling all refreshed. Thanks Janelle for hosting a relaxing day!
First comes the dough.
And then the rolling and sprinkling with brown sugar, coffee, and cocoa!
Wind them up tightly.
And out of the oven comes this pure goodness! Smother with the cream cheese frosting immediately so that it softens and runs into every crevice and crack.
These are best served warm!
Mocha Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- 9 1/2 cups white bread flour
- In large mixing bowl (I used my bosch machine!) dissolve yeast with water and sugar. Let set 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Adding flour 1 cup at a time. Mix until well combined. Knead lightly.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour. Punch dough down and let rise for another 40 minutes.
- SUGAR MIXTURE:
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee grounds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix in small bowl and set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Roll first piece out and spread with softened butter. Sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Roll up tightly. Cut into 12 pieces. (you could make these smaller by cutting into 15.) Place on greased cookie sheet and cover with plastic or towel. Repeat with the other piece of dough.
- Let rise for 45-60 minutes or until rolls are doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until light golden.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, instant coffee, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Smother rolls with frosting as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Eat while warm and enjoy! =)