I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a Peanut Butter addict. Sometimes I just need it! So these granola bites are just as much for me as they are for Declan. A version of the granola bars that I posted the other week, full of toasted oats, nuts, seeds, and other delicious healthy stuff. We’ve been snacking on them ever since we made them yesterday.
My little boy is growing up! I wanted to grab a few 2 year pictures for his baby book and for memories sake. Far from professional but they capture his personality and stage that he’s in right now.
He can be so absolutely darling, my heart wants to burst! A perfect heart-stealer.
I love his eyes…and whispy hair on this one!
This is that familiar look he gives me when he’s ready to dart off into some kind of mischief! I’ve seen that look so many times. =) haha
And of course after every click of the camera he heard, he had to come running to see it! =)
That frizzy hair! =) A rare shot where he’s actually sitting still.
It wouldn’t be complete without a picture of him and his bike.
So much energy, all wrapped up in a toddler sized package! We wouldn’t trade him for the world.
Yesterday morning for some unknown reason my phone quite working and it was off all day. At first I felt so helpless and “unreachable” without it, but I think God used it as a wake-up call for me…I was surprised to realize just how many times I wanted to reach for it and instead spent quality time with Declan without distractions. He was a perfect angel all day. We worked together, played together, took pictures, and cooked, singing and laughing as we went. It was a lesson for me to treasure these moments that I have with him and focus on the things in life that really matter most!
I will say though, that I was very thankful for a knowledgeable husband who was able to fix my phone in the evening =) and hopefully I won’t have to learn that same lesson for a long time.
- 3 cups rolled oats, toasted
- 1/2 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place oats and hemp seeds on baking sheet. Toast until lightly browned. Place in large mixing bowl, add nuts, chia seeds, and cherries.
- In small saucepan, melt peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, and salt until bubbly. Pour hot liquid into oats mixture, mixing until combined.
- Place bowl in freezer for 30 minutes or until cooled. Remove and form into balls, placing balls on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Replace back into freezer until firm and chilled. Transfer to airtight container and store in refrigerator. Enjoy for an afternoon snack!