I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how much zucchini Stan is not only tolerating but actually enjoying this year! 😉 (wink) So, zucchini it is. But hey, anything is good covered in lots of bacon and cheese, right?
I was gone for most of the day and came home exhausted (thanks to a little girl named Olivia that kept me up half the night!) so we kept it SUPER simple. Sometimes you just gotta do that.
This is one of the many reasons I love summertime. All things fresh. These are the very simplest zucchini boats you ever did see and you really don’t need a recipe for something so simple but sometimes you just need the idea. Or at least I do! Thanks to my neighbor for the inspiration on this. We enjoyed them and I thought I’d share.
In other news, I snapped this picture as we drove past the other night….you guessed it! Its about to be ours. Bright and early this Thursday morning we will sign on the dotted lines and get the keys. It still feels unreal. I’ve only ever been inside that one time when the baby got fussy and I ended up in the car to nurse. Stan and I keep dreaming about all the ways we can make it home for us and are so thankful that God directed us through all the house searching. We truly see His hand upon our lives and for that we are grateful!
Easy Bacon Zucchini Boats
- 1 fresh zucchini
- (washed, and cut lengthwise, remove part of the center)
- Season generously with salt and garlic powder
- Fill center with shredded cheese of your choice
- Chop 6 slices raw bacon into pieces and cover cheese.
- Garnish with chopped, fresh dill
- Place in baking pan and bake uncovered in preheated oven at 375º for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and zucchini is tender.