Appetizers are so fun and delicious! I made this Cheese Ball in the shape of a carrot, for our Easter Celebration on Sunday but this can be made any time of the year and formed into the traditional Cheese Ball!
Cheese Ball is best if made a day ahead so that the flavors can really explode. I experimented this time around with 2 teaspoons of ranch powder but I felt like it was too strong, so on this recipe I put it back to 1.
“He is not here: for HE IS RISEN, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.” Matthew 28:6
I was overwhelmed with thankfulness this past week as I was meditating on the agony that Jesus went through, to take upon Himself the sin of the world…my sin…making it possible for me to have a relationship with God the Almighty Creator.
” What language shall I borrow to thank Thee dearest Friend, for this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end?!
Oh make me Thine forever! And should I fainting be, Lord let me never ever, outlive my love for Thee!”
I’m so thankful that Jesus did not stay in the grave! He arose Triumphantly giving us LIFE in Him.
Easy Cheese Ball
- 3 (8oz pkgs) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ranch powder
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 tbsp bacon grease (opt.)
- Mix cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Place cheese ball mixture onto plastic wrap and shape into ball (or carrot) set onto serving plate. Cover in finely shredded cheddar cheese or cover with chopped nuts of your choice. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with various crackers or vegetable sticks!